2015年8月10日月曜日

My first attempt writing in English! ~Lunasol Skin Modeling Eyes~

Since I like to watch western YouTube channels and beauty blogs,
I have been writing about beauty products from those countries, which are not
seen so much in my country, Japan.


However, as I realized that there are few people accessing from countries other than Japan,
I thought maybe I could write about Japanese cosmetic products for those who are interested the other way around. 
And -sorry Google, but- I don't trust the automatic translation feature, hence I'll try my best to write in English with my own words (I think it's gonna be a good practice for me as well).
Please forgive me for any grammar mistakes, this is not my first language.
And always welcome for correcting/teaching me those mistakes :-)

I think Japanese products quality are quite good  in general, but my main interest is toward products from western country, so I suppose I'll write these kind of articles only once a while.
But I will try to maintain doing this...hopefully and who knows where this blog is going..
If there's demand, I would like to try out more Japanese products and introduce them in English. Let's see..

So, introduction aside, let's begin with the product.
I assume people who watches/read beauty videos/blogs like me, knows or heard about Shiseido as a major Japanese cosmetic brand.
True. Their products are really good whether it's drugstore or high-end product.
But today I want to introduce another brand (company) called Kanebo,
specifically, "Lunasol" a brand from that company.
Kanebo also does high-end and drug store ("Kate" is a famous drugstore brand form this company, and its quality is good as well).
Lunasol is a high-end brand that they sell usually in department stores.



The eyeshadow quad from Lunasol (this one is called "Skin Modeling Eyes", but there are a lot more series) is kind of a cult product here in Japan, I guess. Many of my friends own them, heavily use them.
I only have this quad, but the quality is excellent and the color selection is really good for everyday/natural makeup, usually preferred in this country.

Here are color swatches.
Mine is 02 Beige Orange.
Usually, we don't have cute color names and we call the shadows with numbers,
which is boring. That's one thing I like about western products they have these
memorable well thought names.
M.A.C uses the same color names as the US, but NARS ones are written in numbers :-(
boring!

Anyways, swatches from upper left -> right bottom left -> right.


Before telling about the quality or price details, I want to talk about the background.

Because of the eye shape, (normally asian eyes are not deeply sunk (don't know if this is the correct expression) hence the space under the crease line is small or don't have the line at all)
unlike the typical eye makeup westerners do (light color on eyelid, darker color on outer V, crease -I refer it as  horizontal gradation), 
we (or many of Japanese) use the lightest color on the entire lid to the brow bone as a base, medium color on the lid beneath the brow bone (we call it "eye hole"), 
and then the darkest shade on the small eyelid area (under the crease line) or close to the lash line -and I refer it as vertical gradation.

This vertical gradation seems to be the typical eye makeup method for
showing you eyes to have more dimension, and bigger.
Maybe you'll see this kind of instruction with a diagram on the packaging.
(found it on product website)

I never seen this "vertical gradation" eye makeup on westerners,
so I don't know if there are any demand for these eyeshadows specifically created for asian eyes, but if you wanna try Japanese style eye makeup, I say give it a go.

However, as I mentioned, this is a high-end product, hence it's on the pricier side,
5,000 yen, around 45 to 50 dollars maybe? 
If you think of Urban Decay Naked Palette which is what 54 dollars? with 12 colors,
I can't say out loud that this is a must buy when you come to Japan.

But I definitely think the quality is really good

(good pigmentation, all buttery, easily blendable, less fallouts, good subtle color selection as explained above).
So if you're interested in Japanese makeup, then I'll say it's worth the money.
(cheaper than Tom Ford ones!)

Thank you for reading this extremely long post :D

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿